- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Phonological Disorders
- Articulation Disorders
- Receptive Language Disorder – understanding the language spoken to us
- Expressive Language Disorder – being able to construct organized sentences, accurate grammar, word finding, learning new words
- Reading/Writing Disorders
- Aversion to new textures
- Difficulty chewing
- Safely swallowing food
Often times, these difficulties occur on their own. Other times they co-occur with diagnoses such as: Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delay, ADHD, Down Syndrome, Premature birth, among others.
As a clinician, Heidi has learned that every person is unique and special. She strives to work with the therapy techniques that best suit each individual patient.
Techniques include: DIR/Floortime, MORE: Integrating the Mouth with Sensory and Postural Function, TalkTools Oral Placement Therapy, The Whole Child, AAC (AugmentativeAlternative Communication), Play Therapy with NDT approach, Visualizing and Verbalizing, as well as training in various feeding and swallowing therapy techniques.
She has also worked providing home and daycare based services to preschool age (3 to 5 years), as well as working with school age children both in a private clinic setting and in the schools. With adults, she has worked in hospitals, outpatient settings, Skilled Nursing Facilities and home health.
Heidi began her academic career pursuing her love for language with a Bachelors degree in Linguistics. Wanting to combine her love for language, and her desire to help others, she discovered Speech-Language Pathology. Earning a Master’s degree from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in Communication Disorders, Heidi loves her work and has never looked back.
Heidi Dawes, MA, CCC-SLP
FL SLP License SA 9959
Payment Policy & Insurance
Current Payment Options:
- CMS/Ped-I-Care Title 21 and Title 19
- Out of Network Provider for Tricare and Florida Blue (please check with your Insurance plan for deductible and copayments that would be due at the time of service)
- Private Pay (call for rates)
- Cash, check and credit cards accepted
Applications are pending for the following plans. Please call for status:
- Tricare – Prime/In Network
5331 Commercial Way
Spring Hill, FL 34606
Take the one way drive on the right/north side of the Northwood building and park in the back parking lot.
Entrance for the A Sound Approach office is around the back on the bottom floor.
Serving the Hernando County areas of Weeki Wachee, Spring Hill, and Brooksville, as well as the surrounding areas of Citrus County and Pasco County.